Halsey Hits No. 1, 'baby Shark' Bows On Hot 100 & More: 13 Things To Know About The Charts This Week
Plus, chart action for Post Malone, Maggie Rogers & more.
As always, it was a busy week on Billboard's charts. From a new No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 to a hugely popular children's song debuting in the tally's top 40 and more, let's recap the most notable action.
Here are 13 things to know about the charts this week.
1. Halsey scores her first No. 1 on the Hot 100 as a lead artist (and second overall), as "Without Me" rises 2-1. Click here for the recap.
9. Ahead of her debut solo LP, Heard It in a Past Life, due Jan. 18, Maggie Rogers scores her first Billboard No. 1, as "Light On" shines atop the Adult Alternative Songs chart. Click here for the post.
10. Tori Kelly and Kirk Franklin's "Never Alone" hits No. 1 on the Hot Gospel Songs chart. Click here for details.
11. Lifetime's Surviving R. Kelly docuseries, which aired Jan. 3-5, spurred a 116 percent increase in the controversial R&B singer's music catalog, according to Nielsen Music. Kelly's Wikipedia views also gained, while radio airplay plummeted. Click here for more insights.
12. Thanks to a set of shows in Puerto Rico, Wisin & Yandel earned career-high touring earnings. Click here for the story.
13. 75 years ago this week, Billboard debuted its first country chart, with three interpretations of "Pistol Packin' Mama" at No. 1, by Bing Crosby and The Andrews Sisters, Al Dexter and Don Baxter. Click here to flash back to the inaugural chart.